I am leaving for Canberra tomorrow to attend my week-long summer school classes. And yes, I am having a mini panic attack about it (what we call a ‘kitty meltdown’ in our house).
I am stressing about:
- Driving to Canberra (and the fact it will most likely rain along the way — I hate the drive out of town in the rain and there are a lot of back-country roads that are horrid wet also)
- Navigating in Canberra (I have not been everywhere I am visiting with my class and my satnav has karked it so HELP! and buy me a new one)
- Being alone (with no Dan, kitties or puppy to hug when I need a hug)
- Attending classes (they run, typically, 10-5.30 and I am having a lot of trouble getting rested lately and not being exhausted in the morning – and coffee is not the solution as 1) it makes me have the panics, and 2) it makes me ‘wheezy’ which means I need to take a hit from my puffer and that gives me double panics!)
- Not having time to see people while I am in Canberra (long days + readings and resting = no time for catch ups = boooo!!!!)
- Getting up on time (see the point above about exhaustion)
- Ridiculously, my hair (I am not convinced by my new haircut some days and today it is being especially flopsy and uncooperative — but I think I just need to avoid conditioning it, maybe)
I just remembered I have not packed my teas — cannot survive without them!!
PS: I know I gave up on the Winter Challenge halfway through. I have had a bit of a rough week preparing for next week (stress related) and did not really get dressed very well each day. I will try and document my outfits while I am in class via What I Wore Today.