Today I received what has been dubbed the “Nerdiest. Package. Ever.” from my uni library services. Volumes one and two of Marcie Muir’s A Bibliography of Australian Children’s Books (1970 & 1976). Best use of my (compulsory but deferrable) student fees as an off-campus student. (And yes, yes I do intend to use and abuse this service for my thesis – suckahs shoulda neva let me know about it!)
Source: Me via Instagram
Today has also seen me:
- Wake up at 7.09am (when the ooolllddd alarm on my even older phone went off – woops!)
- Eat a crumpet for breakfast and wuffle with Charlie dog before…
- Going next door to clean the holiday rental (and subsequently find a bunch of minor maintenance issues)
- Writing some intro and planning points for my (mock) exhibition catalogue essay before…
- Heading to the post office to check the mail and receive the “Best. Package. Ever.”
- Subsequent reading of newly acquired books ensued
- Followed by a brief mental break to watch the first episode of Dance Academy season two via iView
Me via Instagram
- Before my landlord appeared at my front door bearing a scanner for me to borrow (for which I had asked for in an email I sent her less than an hour previously!)
- And now it is 1716 and I am all done with reading my books (but possibly still have some articles that need reading, I’ll have to check my Mendeley!) and need to hit the clickety-clackety of writing this essay before the thoughts all leave my head.
On a side note, today also saw me chatting with the NLA (@nlagovau) via Twitter about my research and people to contact in regard to it. Score one for social networking!